[contact-form-7 id=”4″ title=”Contact form 1″]
Debt Collection Abuse
Gordon Lusky LLP is a Houston law firm that assists consumers that think they may be abused, harassed, or otherwise damaged by a debt collector.
Some examples of Telephone harassment are:
- Repetitious phone calls that are intended to annoy, abuse, or harass you or any person answering the phone
- Obscene or profane language
- Threats of violence or harm
- Publishing lists of people who refuse to pay their debts (this does not include reporting information to a credit reporting company)
- Calling you without telling you who they are
The FDCPA also says debt collectors can’t use false, deceptive, or misleading practices. This includes misrepresentations about the debt, including:
- The amount owed
- That the person is an attorney
- False threats to have you arrested
- Threats to do things that cannot legally be done
- Threats to do things that the debt collector has no intention of doing
Here at Gordon Lusky LLP, we help clients defend their rights. If you sue under the FDCPA and win, the debt collector must generally pay your attorney’s fees and may also have to pay you damages.